Granular Exchange Recovery
Recent studies estimate that over 200 billion email messages are sent every day (Microsoft Exchange Market Share Statistics, The Radicati Group, March 2006). Where do they all go? Companies impose quotas and retention policies, yet still must continue to expand their storage pool to retain and archive all this information. Gigabytes and terabytes of data stored on your servers, with no easy access should the primary email server go down.
Microsoft Exchange administrations constantly find themselves challenged.
Ontrack® PowerControls™ helps Exchange administrators deal with these constant challenges by making email recovery a fast, easy process. Recover lost, deleted and archived email messages, mailboxes or entire EDB files without running your Exchange server and use any previous full backup to easily restore individual mailbox items directly to your production Exchange server or any PST file.
Whether you need to recover a single, specific email message or retrieve all of your organization’s email since last month’s backup, Ontrack PowerControls can help.
- Exchange server outage - Use Ontrack PowerControls as an Exchange server data recovery tool to retrieve all messages since your last backup.
- Accidental deletion - A common request for Exchange administrators is to find deleted messages or folders for an internal client. Ontrack PowerControls allows the administrator to restore selected messages and attachments from a previous full backup directly to the client’s mailbox.
- Retrieving messages that meet specific criteria - Perhaps a key manager has left your company and you are asked to recover messages related to a specific customer. Use Ontrack PowerControls to set highly targeted search criteria for the messages you want to retrieve, minimizing the amount of time needed to open and read unnecessary messages.
Items to Recover
Ontrack PowerControls will recover more than just email messages. Recover virtually any Microsoft® Outlook items or message attachments, including:
- Individual messages, folders, complete mailboxes or entire EDB files
- Calendar items, tasks, notes and address book contacts
- Message attachment files
- Public Folders database items
- Eliminates the need for individual mailbox, or “brick-level”, backups
- No changes needed to existing backup procedures
- Does not need to be installed on your Exchange server - runs on a Windows® based workstation
- Communicates directly with the Exchange server to ensure consistent operation of your server
For more information please see: http://www.ontrackpowercontrols.com/solutions/exchange-email-recovery/.