Cloud Data Management Without Programming
At Ashlin we do our best work when we want to streamline our own processes. In this case we needed a better way to implement web pages to allow our staff to manage or retrieve data from the SQL tables that support our ecommerce system.
Typically writing a single page which allows data to be searched, edited, deleted, and added can take two or more days. That is why you all have huge backlogs of project requests to your IT departments that might never be completed.
Instead of writing each program we developed a tool that will render the desired result automatically, without any programming, based on a form that we fill in which populates a table that controls this process.
Without any programming, and armed only with knowledge of the fields in the tables and how they relate, we are able to create extremely sophisticated cloud data management applications in minutes.
It is really hard to picture what we have created without a demonstration, so please call us to book a WebEx session.
Our tool does the following, without any programming:
- Creates a tabular searchable, sortable access to the data (jquery is used to manage the tabular access).
- Integrates with your existing security infrastructure or uses flexible role based security definitions
- Will allow any combination of tables with a direct 1:1 relationship
- Will allow any additional tables with a sporadic or many to 1 relationship
- Automatically understands how to deal with Bit, Date, Integer, Fixed Decimal, Float, String, and Drop-Down Lists.
- Drop down lists can be populated in the template, automatically scan the current table, or populate based on another table
- Popup search windows can be used to populate any series of fields when modifying or adding. Those search windows can be created with a template definition or as a custom program.
- Add entry popup can be automatic, custom, or supressed. In addition custom logic can enforce business rules before an Add is committed.
- Delete can be supressed, automatic or custom
- Changes not committed until confirmed, individually or in bulk, and all changes including delete can be undone.
- Modify is automatic and controlled on a field by field basis.
- Child relationships are simple to define, and can be infinite (each child can also have a child that is triggered by the selection of a line)